Rollin Thunder Camshaft
Rollin Thunder Camshaft; Hyd Roller; 1500-6500 rpm; Adv Dur. 0.050 Int/Exh 234/238 Deg.; Lift at Valve Int/Exh 0.539/0.548 in.; Lobe Seps 112 Deg.; Intake Center Line 107 Deg.;
- Engine Make/Size: fits Chevy Small Block (262-400)
- Exh. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg): 238
- Exh. Duration Advertised (Deg): 300
- Exhaust Valve Lift: 0.548 in.
- Intake Duration @ 0.050 in.: 234 Degree
- Intake Duration Advertised: 296
- Intake Valve Lift: 0.539 in.
- Lifter Type: Hydraulic Roller
- RPM Range: 1500-6500
- Usage: OEM
- WARNING CA Proposition 65: Yes
- WARNING CA Proposition 65 Message: WARNING: This product can expose you to Chromium; which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information; visit www.P65warnings.ca.gov.
- Designed for 1500 to 6500 RPM Performance
- Maximum Power in High-RPM with Good Low-End Torque
- Matched to Edelbrock Performer RPM Intakes
- 10 To 12 in. Of Manifold Vacuum At Idle
- More Lift And Duration Than Most Street Camshafts
- Dyno-Matched/Street-Proven Performance
- Take the Guesswork Out of Camshaft Selection!
- Use Only Stock Ratio Rocker Arms
Edelbrock Rollin' Thunder Camshaft #2201 is designed for 283-400 V8 fits Chevy engines from 1957-1986 and produces optimum torque from the low-end to the mid-range. Rollin' Thunder camshafts should be matched with Performer manifolds for vehicles operating from off-idle to 5500 rpm. They are smooth idling cams for daily drivers, trucks, vans, RVs and 4x4s. You can expect a major improvement in throttle response and torque. In the manifold section you'll find torque graphs showing the power gains from Performer manifolds and Performer-Plus cams. All camshafts include flat tappet lifters (except for cams designed for use with stock roller lifters), assembly lube and instructions. This camshaft produced 435 HP and 435 Ft Lbs of Torque when paired with Performer RPM Air-Gap intake manifold #7516, Thunder Series AVS Carb #1813, and Performer RPM E-Tec cylinder heads #60975. Must be used with a thrust button, a high stall converter and stock ratio rocker arms only.Camshaft specifications:- Intake duration: 234 Degrees- Exhaust duration: 238 Degrees- Intake lift: .539"- Exhaust lift: .548"- Lobe separation: 112 Degree- Intake Center Line: 107 Degree- Vacuum: 12"
When you design and sell the best-engineered performance products in the world, you have to have a rigorous testing program. Why? Without adequate testing, there's no way to stand behind your product with confidence. That's why every product we design and sell at Edelbrock is tested and approved by Edelbrock engineers in a real world environment on state-of-the-art equipment. Our three Super Flow computerized engine dynos are capable of measuring 11 separate engine variables up to speeds of 12,000 rpm. For 2007, we added a new Super Flow SF902 engine dyno. It's fully automated and programmable to simulate various driving situations, and is equipped with WinDyn software for the very latest in testing equipment. For real-world tuning, there's our Super Flow model SF-840 eddy-current chassis dyno that can handle up to 1,000 hp at the wheels and speeds of 200 mph. When all testing is completed, the results evaluated, and the part has passed all performance criteria, then, and only then, is the product deemed ready for production. These precise testing procedures are applied to the entire Edelbrock line for performance that's guaranteed. Edelbrock test vehicles are driven by Edelbrock engineers and employees to get a "real world" feeling for the performance improvements. Our products are also tested and used by professional race car teams and drivers. Working with these talented individuals is just another extension of our research and development process so when we say "proven performance" we really mean it! Top racing teams in all forms of motorsports rely on Edelbrock to produce parts that they can count on to win races and championships. Further underscoring our commitment to the racing community, Edelbrock is the only aftermarket intake manifold manufacturer licensed by NASCAR.